Verified Professional Profile
ABRT Founder, Life Member & Chairman
Eddie has 20 years’ experience in business recovery, insolvency and turnaround management. Originally commencing at a top 4 firm in the UK, Eddie has a unique background having been exposed to a broad range of industry sectors with top tier firms and smaller boutique insolvency practices’ both in the UK & Australia.
In 2011, Eddie relocated to South Australia with his family. Whilst a key player in multiple high profile external administrations, Eddie’s real passion is to work with owners, advisors and stakeholders of SMEs to enable business renewal & growth wherever possible.
Drawing on his comprehensive working knowledge of insolvency law and practice, Eddie innovates businesses to accept that rescue should be contemplated early in the business cycle. Eddie specialises in safe harbour advice for directors to help prevent insolvent trading liability. Eddie remains a leading advocate of reforms that help promote innovation, set an appropriate risk appetite and encourage sustainable growth (for small and family businesses).
Following an objective review of the business, Eddie immediately relieves the pressures faced by business owners by formulating market leading strategies. With an outstanding successful track record in restructuring and turnaround in South Australia, Eddie takes pride in confidently tackling the multiple and complex issues that small and family businesses face in times of crisis and uncertainty.
Education, Professional Memberships & Attainment:
- ABRT Life Member and Certified Restructuring & Turnaround Executive – RTE®
- Graduate Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. GAICD.
- Member of the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) in Professional Practice. MIPA AFA.
- Master of Business Administration, Fellow & Chartered Manager of the Institute of Managers & Leaders (formerly AIM). MBA, CMgr, FIML.
- Member & Certified Credit Executive of the Australian Institute of Credit Management (AICM). MICM, CCE.
- Member & Certified Turnaround Analyst of the Turnaround Management Association. CTA.
- AIIP Certificate: Insolvency Law & Practice with Association of Independent Insolvency Practitioners (Bond University).
- ARITA Advanced Dual Certification with the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association:
• Advanced Certificate in Restructuring & Turnaround (highest mark award, 2016)
• Advanced Certificate in Insolvency (Insolvency Education Program, IPAA 2012).
- Joint Insolvency Exams & Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (JIEB & CPI England & Wales).