Verified Professional Profile
Ben Sewell is the founder and principal of Sewell & Kettle Lawyers, a boutique law firm that specialises in insolvency and commercial litigation advocacy, recovering commercial debts and saving insolvent SMEs.
Ben has 18 years’ experience as a specialist in the insolvency field, and helps families and entrepreneurs by advocating on their behalf and sharing Sewell & Kettle’s industry-best knowledge.
Ben has been recognised as an insolvency thought leader – he has published multiple journal articles, given seminars, taught insolvency law and performed policy making consultation and strategic advisory services for the Law Institute and Law Society. Ben also has a special interest in debtor-in-possession insolvency systems and is on the International Committee of the American Bankruptcy Institute. Ben has played a key role in helping to establish the ABRT and develop educational material.
Areas of expertise:
- Insolvency and restructuring (pre-pack insolvency arrangements, voluntary administration, liquidation and safe harbour restructuring)
- Commercial litigation advocacy
- Commercial debt recovery
- Personal Property Securities (PPS) law and receivables financing
- Trading trusts and business structuring methodology
- Cryptocurrency fraud and failed investment claims
Education, Professional Memberships & Attainment:
- ABRT Professional Member and Certified Restructuring & Turnaround Executive – RTE®
- Law Society of NSW Member.
- Law Institute of Victoria Member.
- American Bankruptcy Institute Member.
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals Member (INSOL).
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Insolvency (IPA/ARITA) with the University of Southern Queensland.
- Master of Business Administration with Macquarie University. MBA.
- Master of Corporate and Commercial Law with UNSW. LLM.
- Bachelors of Arts and Law with Macquarie University. BA LLB.