Verified Professional Profile
ABRT Life Member & Board Member
Between 2012 and 2017, as the second generation, Alix successfully grew family business Doherty Trade Services by 400% into one of the largest privately held trade maintenance companies in South Australia, working collaboratively to improve maintenance and asset management of 20,000 properties for the SA Government. Doherty Trade Services was then acquired in 2017.
Leveraging from her own experience, Alix builds, executes and delivers strategies for business scale-up, exit and succession. Understanding the family business dynamics is critical for transforming SMEs and enhancing their sustainable competitive advantage.
Alix helps clients avoid the dangers and pitfalls of operating a small and family business. Alix is experienced in operational process management, understanding how to reduce operating and overhead costs leading to enhanced EBITDA. In addition, Alix ensures data and systems integrity, seeks and establishes new products and vertical market opportunities, and ensures business is healthy and ideally positioned for your end game.
Alix is currently undertaking a Master of Business Administration degree with INSEAD.
Education, Professional Memberships & Attainment:
- ABRT Life Member and Certified Restructuring & Turnaround Executive – RTE®
- Executive Master of Business Administration from INSEAD Business School. MBA.
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. MAICD.
- Member and Accredited Advisor with Family Business Australia.
- 2013 Telstra Women’s Business Awards SA Finalist – Young Business Woman.
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing – Digital Marketing Institute. DMI Pro.
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting and Finance with Flinders University. BCom (Acc & Fin).