- Please email email@example.com to join the ABRT waiting list.
- As at 7 September 2020, we had 47 professionals on the waiting list.
At the Peak of Professional Standards
Rapidly Evolving World
In order to remain a trusted business restructuring and turnaround practitioner, continual professional development is essential. Traditional professional advisory systems have become dated and no longer stand to effectively serve the small and family business sector. We now face the reality that every business, client and employer is potentially at risk of failure, regardless of size or industry.
Whereas in previous years the only option for a distressed business might have been to consult a regulated insolvency practitioner, this simply isn’t feasible in our current environment. New legislation places greater risks and added scrutiny on business advisory specialists than ever before.
The solution is to join the ABRT professional community and equip yourself with the right tools to ensure the continuation of businesses and jobs wherever practicable. Be a part of the future by making a positive impact on the economy and society by becoming a trusted ABRT Professional Member – RTE®.
Showcase your Professional Expertise and Specialism
The ABRT strongly believe that business owners and consumers must have the opportunity to browse a professional’s specialism, commitment, achievements, qualifications and experience.
The ABRT Professional Directory provides access to a range of ABRT Member Professional Profiles. Unlike Linkedin, all the information displayed on a member’s Professional Profile has been verified by the ABRT Board prior to publishing.
The ABRT acts as a trusted authority to ensure business owners can decide which specialist or team of professionals is appropriately qualified to provide the expert advice needed to resolve their own unique predicament.
Indeed, public respect and trust in restructuring and turnaround professionals is strongly connected to how well the ABRT is doing its job of developing good professionals, helping the public find the expertise they need – and protecting consumers and clients from poor practice, biased information, and professional incompetence.
Entry criteria for ABRT Associate and Professional Members:
- Application fee of $275 (GST Inc) 2020
- National police check (at the applicant’s cost)
- National Personal Insolvency Index check;
- Suitable career history declaration;
- Minimum educational requirement is undergraduate or masters degree (or equivalent as determined by Board)
- Review of professional memberships, certifications, registrations and academic/educational achievements; and
- Successful review by the ABRT Board for Membership Category applied for.
Professional Conduct is especially important as an ABRT Member.
ABRT Members are required to adhere to the following:
- working to the ABRT Code of Ethics
- have verified all professional memberships, qualifications, certifications and registrations advertised on the ABRT Professional Directory (re-certified by member annually)
- completion the ‘Executive Certification in Turnaround Management Practice‘ within 2 years of joining as an Associate Member
- ongoing Professional Development (30 structured hours every 3 years)
- supply of professional references and testimonials to support leadership experience (at a level of seniority approved by the Board)
- respond to any complaints, comply with reasonable information requests and directions from the ABRT Board and, if necessary, undergo Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) with the ASBFEO
- demonstrate and maintain adequate professional indemnity insurance (if a practicing restructuring and turnaround advisor)
- immediately notify the ABRT of changes to information held within the ABRT Professional Directory (including matters of misconduct, disqualification from other professional bodies, criminal convictions, and/or acts of bankruptcy)
Restructuring and Turnaround Affiliate
Restructuring and Turnaround Associate RTA
Restructuring and Turnaround Executive RTE®